Constructed Response Questions
- Joe made a frozen yogurt shake with 10 ounces of milk
and some strawberry frozen yogurt. He used the mixture to
fill three 5-ounce glasses and had 2 ounces left over. How
much frozen yogurt did he use?
- The debate club members sold raffle tickets to raise money
for T-shirts. They sold 3 times as many raffle tickets on
the weekend as they did during the week. On the weekend,
they sold 246 tickets. How many raffle tickets did they
sell during the week?
- Alice shredded cheese to top 6 pizzas. She spread 4 ounces
of cheese on 5 of the pizzas. On the sixth pizza, she added
twice as many ounces. She had 2 ounces of shredded cheese
left. How many ounces of cheese did Alice shred?
- Tara is 6 years older than Karen. Karen is 5 years younger
than Dave. Dave is 3 years older than Luz. If Luz is 10
years old, how old is Tara?
- Tony had a party and his mom bought 5 pizzas. His mom
cut some into big pieces and some into small pieces. Here
are the amounts of pizza left: 3/12, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and 2/6.
How many full pizzas could his mom make if she put all the
slices together? Use fractions strips to help.
- Sean is 4 months older than Tony. Heather is 6 months
younger than Tony. If Sean’s birthday is in April,
in which months are Heather’s and Tony’s birthdays?